If you would like to be a regular supporter of SCHS you can complete the Membership Form and be added to our e-mail list. You will receive our annual Paw Prints newsletter each spring, emails periodically for any special needs campaigns we may be promoting, and information about upcoming events. In the Paw Prints newsletter you will have an opportunity to renew your membership each year based on the following options:
Annual Membership Dues:
Senior Citizen (over 65) –$15
Please consider becoming a member and supporting SCHS in this way.
SCHS welcomes volunteers to help us both at the shelter and the Second Chance Shop. We also rely on volunteers to help us with our annual fundraiser, Paws for the Cause, held the third Saturday in October. Another opportunity for volunteering occasionally is transporting dogs to Kansas City, MO to meet a transport van that takes them to Colorado to get adopted. One can call or email us at the shelter for more details about volunteering at 870-269-5200 or email@example.com.
- To volunteer at the shelter we asked that you call and make an appointment to meet with our volunteer coordinator to get oriented. Our times for volunteering are mainly Monday through Saturday from 2 to 5 PM but arrangements can be made for other times if necessary. Volunteers can choose between walking dogs around the six acre lake and several hiking trails, hanging out in the Cat Cottage with the cats, and helping with some light cleaning if needed.
- If you would like to consider volunteering at the Second Chance Shop the operating hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 to 4. We work with a schedule of two shifts from 10 to 1 or 1 to 4. Call shelter for contact information of who to speak with about volunteering here.
- There are lots of ways to help us with Pause for the Cause fundraiser. Please contact the shelter around the first of September if you would be interested in volunteering for this event. We have been doing this several years but are always looking for new ideas and welcome new people to get involved. It is a fun day for the community to gather with their pets for food, music, fellowship and prizes.
- Sometimes we need volunteers willing to transport dogs and puppies to a shelter in Kansas City, MO to be further transported by a professional transport to a shelter in Colorado to be adopted. This usually takes a couple of days on Tuesday and Wednesday and expenses are paid by SCHS. We have a reliable van to use for transport.
- Collect and bring your aluminum cans to our trailer located in the TD True Value Home Center parking lot on Sylamore Avenue in Mountain View. We process these cans at the recycle center to be taken to the plant in Harrison for sale. It is a great way to support SCHS and help the environment as well.